Machinas seeks an intern with experience in software design, coding and debugging. The intern will gain exciting real-world software engineering experience at a thriving company.
We frequently work in small teams to solve problems, explore new technologies, and learn from one another. The ideal intern for this environment will be enthusiastic and collaborative.
- Computer Science/Network Engineering, Engineering, or Mathematics major
- Excellent analytical and mathematics skills
- Ability to work in teams
- Experience programming in C, C++, or Java
Your personality in a few words: flexible, team oriented, self-motivated, proactive, and passionate
What you will learn to do:
- Support the maintenance and technical configuration of the e-commerce environment.
- Provide daily support, troubleshoot and bug fixing for existing clients
- Maintain and create code documentation
- Deliver software code that is built to scope and within the agreed upon goals.
- Successfully participate in the review of business requirements and functional specifications, providing feedback and analysis
- Produce interim deliverables (to include proofs of concept, prototypes etc.) in a timely manner, in addition to the final live site or application.
- Successfully work as a team member on large accounts
- Communicate and report any risks or possible delays to project managers
- Successfully take initiative to learn and research emerging technologies
What we offer:
- Paid internship.
- You could get the chance to continue working with us and begin a career in the e-commerce industry.
- Private medical insurance
- Personal fitness trainer at the office or paid subscription to a fitness club