The Software Development Internship Program at Bigstep nurtures a hands-on learning environment. We take great pride in being a teaching company and it is a great opportunity for you to grow alongside an experienced and dynamic team.
We are a startup employing a huge technology stack and we are developing groundbreaking code. We’re young, highly skilled and highly motivated, we like challenges, and we get things done. We’re growing fast and we treasure working with talented people who share our values, our thirst for knowledge and our desire to achieve excellence.
We have created the Full Metal Cloud, the world’s highest performance cloud, purpose-built for big data analysis. Our R&D team works on our Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) solution and we're set to constantly improve.
- The most important thing: You have to be passionate about programming.
- Student at Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems or related field;
- Fluency in both written & spoken English;
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures;
- Minimum experience with any programming languages;
- Basic Linux skills;
- Nice to have: basic understanding of PHP
Knowledge to be acquired:
- Real world experience with a wide range of technologies;
- Thorough understanding of object-oriented programming, complex software architecture and application development best practices;
- You will have the opportunity to work with the newest and coolest technologies such as: Cloudera, Kubernetes, Docker;
- Understand database methodologies, design and data structures.
Activities during Internship:
Considering the fact that you will be working in the R&D department, you will be part of all our new and existing projects.
- Use coding to produce understandable instructions.
- Perform revisions, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Develop and write computer programs using commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field;
- Consult with engineering and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes.
- Throughout the internship you will always have your code reviewed by a senior, to improve your skills at a fast pace.
We seek exceptional employees who want to become a part of our practice, to help us expand, challenge our limits, and push us to grow. When the internship is over, if you’re serious about programming and would like to work with us, we will make you an offer. If this sounds like you, we’d love to talk with you.