At Kick-start, we are a team of products engineers and we help our clients jump from an idea to an operational product in weeks. We operate mainly in the fields of connected objects and IoT products but we also occasionally work on fully digital or fully physical products.
You love building new products from scratch ? You like bootstrapping, trying and implementing new technologies ? You want to join a team of highly ambitious hardware and software engineers and develop technological solutions for innovators and changemakers ?
You will work in a cool and stimulating atmosphere with Kick-start's team and you will be in touch with clients, helping them jump quickly from ideas to prototypes.
We are looking for Software and Hardware Product Engineers, product lovers and with a strong curiosity, to join Bucharest hub.
We don't believe that interns should be treated differently than others teammates. You will have the same job as other teammates, we will offer you a full time contract at the end of the internship. Thus we apply the same hiring standards.
What we expect from you :
- Manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables in milestones of 5 weeks
- Design, develop, test, deploy exciting software products
- Transform a business / product vision into a technical architecture and actionable roadmap
- Design, shape, and implement authentication, authorization, auditing, reporting, and API infrastructure solution and improve the existing solutions
- Be able to adapt and self-train on a wide range of technologies depending on customers’ needs (Machine Learning, Web3, Mobile Applications…)
What you can expect from us :
- A comforting atmosphere, with a flat organization
- The speed of fast-growing international company (with hubs in Hong Kong, Paris, Bucharest, Sydney)
- A crazy place, where learning is valued and where you will constantly have new challenges to meet
- An empowering culture, with both freedom and responsibilities
- Technical skills improvement and soft skills improvement, with hands-on field experience
No degree required, just some great experiences needed and a willingness to create amazing products.
On the tech side, here are what we like for software product engineers : Well experienced in back-end, architecture, Api, cloud... Experience in NoSQL (MongoDB) and SQL databases (PostgresSQL, SQLite) Experience in building cloud (SaaS) applications. Team player mindset Ability to work in an international and fast-paced environment, adapt to changes and overcome challenges as they arise. English is mandatory
Here are what we like for hardware product engineers : Well experienced in mechatronics, electronics, embedded systems, robotics, IoT,... Coding experience (C/C++, Python,...) Experience with Eagle, Fusion 360 is a plus! Team player mindset Ability to work in an international and fast-paced environment, adapt to changes and overcome challenges as they arise. English is mandatory
However, languages, technologies and tools can be learned! We value much more about your product development approach and general engineering skills than some specific tech knowledge.
It’s okay if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications, we’re ready to give you the keys to succeed at Kick-start if we feel you’re a great fit!
To be very transparent, we only accept end of studies internships (in order to offer you a full time position straight after)