Company Description Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
- Understand fundamentals of integrated circuits process technologies and design flows
- Develop and maintain PDKs including the creation of technology files, symbols, programmable layouts, and input validation
- Develop automation utilities using Cadence SKILL or Python programming languages
- Run physical verification (DRC, LVS), etc.
- Install, configure, and customize outside foundry PDKs (TSMC/ UMC/ GF/ etc)
- Scripting using Python and Bash on the LINUX platform
- Provide user support to worldwide design centers and technical contractors
- Provide user training and maintain web documentation
- Fresh graduate or final year student in Electronics, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Programming knowledge, understanding of electronic fundamentals and familiarity with EDA tool used in VLSI design
- Knowledge of Cadence tools
- Knowledge in PDK development is a plus
- Experience with Python programing language is a plus
- Ability to learn new technical skill and work in a fast paced, results oriented team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English
The internship start date will be established together with the selected students.