Company Description Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
Job Description The Power Management Applications Team is looking for young talents to assist and support new DC/DC Linear and Switching Regulators development. He/she will help the design of the new evaluation and reference boards, work assisted in laboratory with modern tools to debug, test and manufacturing board prototype. He/she will benefit on the job training and seminars to improve technical skills.
- Test and debug in the laboratory of analog circuits, linear and switching regulators
- Assist engineers and design PCB layouts using CAD tools, execute the prototypes working with SMT components and testing them
- Learning and writing microcontroller C code if necessary
- Also assist with creating technical documentation, test reports
- 3rd / 4th year student in Automatics or Electronics and Telecommunication or Electrical Faculty
- Basic knowledge of analog circuits applications, DC/DC power supplies is a plus
- Knowledge of SMD electronic components and using bench tools (multimeters, power supplies, oscilloscopes)
- Experience with a CAD tool for designing PCB layouts (Altium, Eagle, Target, OrCAD)
- C programming for MCU experience is a plus
- Good knowledge of English and good communications skills
- Ability to learn and ability to work in a team
The start date of the internship will be established together with the student.